There’s nothing more satisfying than the perfect food & drink pair... But sometimes it’s so hard to know what to choose!
That’s why we decided to help and create an easy 6 pair list for your next get together around the grill!
- Red Meat - Cab Sav or Merlot go extremely well with red meats, bringing out the different aromas and complementing each other’s flavours in a way ever so delicately.
- Prawns - Although you can’t really go wrong with grilled prawns, the perfect taste ratio prawns go hand in hand with a nice sparkling wine or a crisp cold beer!
- Chicken - Depending whether you have used lime or lemon in your marinade, accompanying chicken with mojito’s is always a flavoursome party starter! If you’re not a cocktail fan, Chardonnay is always a brilliant pair!
- Grilled Fish - Fish goes well with anything. Beers, cocktails, wine etc. But the best companion for grilled fish is a cold Pinot Grigio!
- Pork - An icey cold beer or cider! Everyone’s favourite combo!
- Mushrooms & Vegetables - Vegetarian dishes can be hard to pair! If you are basing your meal around mushrooms, you can’t go wrong with Pinot Noir! If you’re grilling a mix of veggies - Merlot always brings flavour!
What are some of your favourite flavour combos?